Dynamic pages are the pages that change dynamically. Dynamic pages can change every time when they are loaded without making any changes. Dynamic web pages can also change their content based on what user do, like clicking on some text, link, or an image. If the information stored in the database changes, the web page connected to the database changes accordingly and automatically without human intervention. Dynamic sites are great for image galleries, online calendars, or e-commerce sites etc.
There are basically two ways through which dynamic websites can be created:
- Using client-side scripting to change interface behaviors within a specific web page in response to mouse or keyboard actions or at specified timing events. In this case the dynamic behavior occurs within the presentation
- Using server-side scripting to change the supplied page source between pages, adjusting the sequence or reloading of the web pages or web content supplied to the browser. Server responses may be determined by such conditions as data in a posted form parameters in the URL
- Enhances functionality of a website
- Simple and easy to update
- New content is responsible for bringing traffic to the site that helps in the search engines optimization
- Acts as a system to permit staff or users to collaborate